The books of Ezra and Nehemiah (and Esther) cover about 100 years, closing the Old Testament historical books. The books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles closed with the Southern Kingdom (Judah)’s going into captivity. The two post-exile books of Ezra and Nehemiah record the return from Babylon after its fall to the Persians under Cyrus, the rebuilding of the Temple and Jerusalem, and the reestablishment of the national life of Israel.
This MP3 CD-ROM is self-contained and includes:
- Over 10 hours of Verse-by-Verse audio teaching through Ezra and Nehemiah as MP3 files.
- Extensive searchable study notes as PDF files.
- A special message from Chuck Missler.
- Listings of other MP3 resources.
- All software included to play MP3 files.
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader.
This program will read the PDF notes.
This CD-ROM contains the following audio files:
- Ezra 1-3 Decree of Cyrus permits Jews to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple; the altar is set up and sacrifice restored; the foundations of the Temple are laid.
- Ezra 4-7 – Nehemiah’s unselfish example; the rebuilding is opposed; the Temple is completed; Ezra is introduced.
- Ezra 8-10 – Ezra sends for the Levites and Nethinim; Ezra proclaims a fast for the Lord’s protection; God’s people fail to separate from surrounding nations; reconciliation to God through confession and separation.
- Nehemiah 1-2 – Nehemiah prays for Israel and makes his request of King Artaxerxes.
- Nehemial 3-5 – The rebuilding begins. A defense against a conspiracy; poverty and famine.
- Nehemiah 6-8 – False rumors about Nehemiah; walls finished; a list of those who returned; the Law is read.
- Nehemiah 9-11 – Ezra’s prayer; the covenant signed; the repopulation of Jerusalem.
- Nehemiah 12-13 – Establishment of priests and levites; dedication of the city walls; Nehemiah’s reforms.