I and II Kings provide a record of Israel’s history from the beginning of the movement to place Solomon on David’s throne through the end of the reign of Zedekiah, Judah’s last king. There are great lessons to be learned from Israel’s desire to be ‘like those around us’ and its consequences.
Now in one, self-contained CD-ROM which includes:
- Over 16 hours of Verse-by-Verse audio teaching through the book of I and II Kings as MP3 files.
- Extensive searchable study notes as PDF files.
- A special message from Chuck Missler.
- Listings of other MP3 resources.
- All software included to play MP3 files.
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader.
This program will read the PDF notes.
This Commentary contains the following studies:
- 1 Kings 1 – 2: David’s strength declines; David’s charge to Solomon; Adonijah’s plot and execution; Abiathar is removed from the priesthood; Joab’s execution; Benaiah made chief captain, and Zadok high priest; Shimei is executed.
- 1 Kings 3 – 4: Solomon’s treaty with Pharaoh; Solomon’s sacrifice and prayer for wisdom; Solomon’s prayer answered.
- 1 Kings 5 – 8: Solomon prepares to build the Temple; The Ark is brought in and the Shekinah-glory fills the Temple; Solomon’s prayer of dedication.
- 1 Kings 9 – 11: King Hiram and Solomon exchange gifts; Queen of Sheba visits Solomon; Solomon Forsakes God; God sternly rebukes Solomon and tells him that the kingdom will be taken away; Solomon dies.
- 1 Kings 12 – 14: Israel Rebels; Ahijah’s Prophecy.
- 1 Kings 15 – 16: Abijam and Asa; Kings of Israel.
- 1 Kings 17 – 19: Contest on Mount Carmel; Elijah slays the prophets Baal; Elijah flees from Jezebel; Elijah is feed by God in the wilderness; Elijah casts his mantel on Elisha.
- 1 Kings 20 – 22: Ahab’s Aramean adversary; Ahab’s crimes against Naboth; Ahab’s death; Jehoshaphat’s good reign in Judah; the beginning of Ahaziah’s evil reign in Israel.
- 2 Kings 1 – 3: Fire from Heaven protects Elijah from Ahaziah; Translation of Elijah; Miracles of Elisha
- 2 Kings 4 – 7: Naaman the Syrian; Elisha and the Syrians; The famine; Special Intelligence Insight.
- 2 Kings 8 – 10: Jehoram’s evil reign in Judah ; Ahaziah’s evil reign in Judah; Jehu’s evil reign in Israel.
- 2 Kings 11 – 13: Athaliah’s evil reign in Judah; Joash’s good reign in Judah; Jehoahaz’s evil reign in Israel; Jehoash’s evil reign in Israel.
- 2 Kings 14 – 16: Amaziah’s good reign in Judah; Jeroboam II’s evil reign in Israel; Azariah’s good reign in Judah; Zechariah’s evil reign in Israel; Shallum’s evil reign in Israel; Menahem’s evil reign in Israel; Pekahiah’s evil reign in Israel. Pekah’s evil reign in Israel; Jotham’s good reign in Judah;
- Ahaz’s evil reign in Judah.
- 2 Kings 17 – 20: Captivity of Israel by Assyria; Hoshea’s evil reign in Israel; Israel’s Captivity; Captivity of Judah by Babylon; Hezekiah’s good reign.
- 2 Kings 21 – 23: Manasseh’s evil reign; Amon’s evil reign; Josiah’s good reign; Jehoahaz’s evil reign; Jehoiakim’s evil reign.
- 2 Kings 24 – 25: Babylonian Captivity of Judah; Supplemental Topics.